Shoulder pain on chest day

vendredi 17 avril 2015

I've been experiencing really bad pain in my front deltoids, right about where it intersects with the chest after chest day. It's so bad that some days I can't even do flys or decline bench. Weirdly a lot of what i've read says decline bench should be easier on the shoulders, but in my experience the opposite has been true. I thought my case may not follow the common logic because I do decline after flat and incline, so I switched the order and it was still worst during decline.



I looked through the forums and online a bit and found some suggestions, moving my arms in closer, not letting the elbows flare out as much were the main ideas. I've tried both and there has been no change in the amount of shoulder pain. I even tried reverse grip dumbbell presses… not surprisingly that wasn't really helpful either. I also tried switching to machines and dumbbells and that didn't help either.



My current theory is that I have been completely exhausting my pecs and then the shoulders kick in to compensate later in the workout. So maybe I just need to do less work?



What else can I try to reduce shoulder pain during flat, incline, decline, bench press and flys?





Shoulder pain on chest day

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire